Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh the times, they are a-changin

I have decided to revamp my blog just a little.

I hear those gasps and cries of outrage but be of good cheer, oh faithful readers of mine (and I do love you so.)

The inanity, hilarity, and zany-ness will continue. Come on. Did you really think that would change? I can’t even write an entry about changing the blog without it getting out of hand. See?

I have decided to try my hand at amateur music promotion, in addition to my “usual” posts. I have done many music-themed entries, so there is no need to reiterate to you of my deep love for music. But instead of just raving about established bands and musicians that certainly don’t need any promotion from me, I will dedicate myself to sharing my love of various local and indie bands.

And by local, I mean Las Vegas, because that’s where I’m based. I’m a poor college student – I can’t afford to be traipsing everywhere. Yet. Someday, when I take over the world, though, that will change. (Do you see what I mean about the inanity not going anywhere??) Luckily, Las Vegas has a thriving music community.

Don’t worry; I am not suffering delusions of grandeur. But I love going to see local bands play AND if I’m going to procrastinate doing my homework, why not write about something I love? It works on so many levels.

I even already have a candidate in mind for the first official band promotion entry – entry coming very, very soon.

If your brother’s roommate’s cousin’s friend is in a band or if you have a band you really dig and want to share with the rest of us, let me know. I’d love to have a listen and see how they sound.

I'm going to add this: If you live somewhere other than Las Vegas and know of a band that you love, and their music is somewhere that I can listen to online (i.e. Myspace, Facebook) or otherwise available (indie music stores, band websites whatever), I'll give them a write-up too. What the heck, right?

We’ll see how long this lasts. I may get bored. I may not have enough time. But I think it’ll be fun, so hopefully I can roll with it.

1 comment:

Hilarye said...

you are to cool for school anyways. I love the blog revamp!